Use the Manage Locales tool to configure cultural formatting and languages for your organization. It extends the Manage Languages tool to provide additional display options for various cultural groups. A locale incorporates a language from Manage Languages and settings for the user interface display.
The system can support:
- Locales that use bi-directional and right-to-left text, incorporating right-to-left icon packages
- Non-Latin alphabets including Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew, and Indonesian
- Localized input and display of dates, times, percentages, and numbers
- Multiple time formats, such as 24-hour clock
- First day of the week preferences and custom weekends
Use Manage Locales to implement system locales or create and edit custom locales to meet the needs of your organization. Locales set to active are available to apply at the organization level, org unit level (such as a course or department), and as choices for individual users within their preferences.