Set initial metadata language
The initial language serves two purposes: All the metadata you enter through the basic interface is associated with the initial language and the initial language is selected by default for values entered through the advanced interface.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click Metadata Administration.
- On the Metadata Languages page, in the Actions column for the language you want to set as default, click the Set Initial Language icon.
Add a metadata language
You can add a language for users in metadata fields. This enables users, when publishing a content topic, to enter multiple descriptions for the topic in different languages. For each language variant, users specify the language they use from the choices available.
- From the Admin Tools, click Metadata Administration.
- On the Metadata Languages page, from the Select a Language drop-down list, click the language you want to add.
- If you want to identify regional variations for your chosen language, from the Select a Country drop-down list, click the country you want to add.
- Click Add.