When clients create a data purge set for Users or Orgunits, it is important to review the data of the purge set for potential issues (such as courses that are currently in use) before performing the archive or purge.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click Data Purge.
- On the Data Purge page, from the Create Data Set action menu, select the data set type you want to create.
- Enter a Purge Set Name. D2L recommends that you include a description about your data set.
- Choose a Store or Purge? option.
- Do any of the following actions:
- To create an Org Unit data set type, in the Options section, choose the type of data and files you want to include. Click Add Org Units. To enter each org unit ID manually, click Enter Org Unit IDs. Enter the org unit IDs you want to add. Click Add.
- To create an Org Unit data set type with multiple Org IDs, click Import a CSV file. Click Choose File and select a CSV file to import. Click Add.
- To create a User data set type, click Add Users. You can enter users by username, import a user collection, or import usernames in a CSV file.
- Click Save.
- Review the data purge set you created:
- For Org Unit data purge sets, review the OrgUnitName (OrgUnitId), OrgUnitType, Active Status, and Start/End date for each orgunitid in the purge set. Sort by any of the columns, if required.
Note: If descendants of an org unit are chosen, the child org units do not display.
- For User data purge sets, review the Name (Username), Active Status, and Last Accessed date for each username in the purge set. Sort by Active Status and Last Accessed, if required.
You can manage your purge sets with Data Purge's sorting options. Organize your purge sets by modification date, status change date, and queue position. You can also filter and manage your purge sets by the following statuses: Draft, Queued, Processing, Paused, Aborted, Failed, Completed, and Complete with Errors.