To set default settings for display indicators
Administrators can set org-level default settings for display indicators in the Class Progress dashboard and User Progress report. This allows instructors to see Class and User Progress items relevant to their organization without having to change what displays on the page. If necessary, instructors can override the default settings in their individual courses.
Note the following:
- To modify the default settings, assign the new Class Progress > Modify Org Default Progress Indicators permission to users.
- If a user does not have access to one of the default indicators, based on their permissions for that tool, the indicator does not display. For example, 3 indicators might display instead of 4.
- Visiting User Progress from the org level and changing settings does not change the org defaults.
- If the Course Progress page has been visited at least once in previously existing courses, the settings for those courses are not overridden by this change.
- New courses inherit the default settings.
- To reset all the defaults to your org defaults, the Reset all Course Settings option resets the defaults for every course. Administrators should carefully consider this option and communicate the change to their instructors to minimize disruption.
- From Admin Tools, under Course Related, click Class Progress and User Progress.
- From the Class Progress tab, set which indicators display in the table on the Class Progress dashboard by clicking the context menu and selecting Move up, Move down or replace.
- From the User Progress tab, set the following: progress indicators to include, progress report information, and color indicators.
- Click Save.
Watch how to set default settings for display indicators