To add a course to Course Catalog
To make a course available for learners to enroll in, add the course to Course Catalog and then activate it. The Course Catalog Add Course page lists the courses that you are enrolled in through the Brightspace instance connected to Course Catalog. Your enrollment may be restricted in Brightspace to allow you to administer a subset of courses in Course Catalog.
When adding a course to Course Catalog, be aware of the following:
- E-commerce is disabled by default. You can enable it. You can also set a price on a course without enabling online payment processing.
- You can offer a waitlist for any free course. If you add a price to a course and enable online payment processing, the waitlist will be disabled for that course.
- The ability to enroll in a program is not compatible with e-commerce; however, learners can still enroll in the program's courses individually.
- On the navbar, click Manage Catalog.
- Do one of the following:
- From the Admin Dashboard area, click + Add Course.
- From the Courses area, click + Add Course.
- Click the course that you want to add to Course Catalog.
- In the Course Information area, enter or update your course details. Separate tags using commas or by pressing the space bar.
- In the Course Information area, enter a price for your course.
- In the E-Commerce area, if Avalara AvaTax is enabled, enter any tax information that differs from the default values.
- In the Course Features area, select the course components that you want to display on the Course Details page.
- In the Course Overview area, enter your course description details. YouTube is the only supported video format.
- In the Instructors area, do one of the following:
- To include an existing instructor for the course, from the + Add Existing Instructor list, select an instructor.
- To include a new instructor for the course, click + Add New Instructor. Enter the instructor's details and then click Save.
- Click Save.
Watch how to add a course to Course Catalog