Org Unit Editor includes pre-filter options for Org Unit Type and Relationship.
Find orphaned/childless org units in the search results:
You can use the Org Unit Editor to search for org units without associated parents (orphans) and org units that have no associated children. Orphaned org units do not appear in the hierarchy view of the Org Unit Editor. If unnecessary departments or course templates are created during the set up of your site, scanning for org units with no associated children helps you find those org units so you can delete them.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click Org Unit Editor.
- From the Relationship drop-down list, do any of the following:
- To view orphaned org units, select Orphans.
- To view org units with no children, select No Children.
Figure: The Relationship drop-down list.
Find specific org unit types in the search results:
From the Admin Tools menu, click Org Unit Editor.
- From the Org Unit Type drop-down list, select an org unit type you want to find, for example, Department.
Figure: The Org Unit Type drop-down list.