- Navigate to the LOR.
- From the tool navigation, click Manage.
- From the New Repository button, click Federated Repository.
- On the New Federated Repository page, enter a name and description. These fields can use Unicode.
- In the Server Location text box, enter a URL. This is used to perform federated search against the repository.
- To include results from the repository on the Search page, in the Search by default section, select the Enable for this repository check box.
- To make the repository publicly available and searchable by public search engines, in the Public Access section, select the Enable for this Repository check box. This option is only visible if your administrator has enabled public access.
- To enable users with permissions to search the repository, in the Active section, select the Allow users with permission to search the repository check box.
- Click Add.
SRU (Search and Retrieve by URL) protocol is a standard XML-based search protocol that uses CQL (Contextual Query Language). The protocol is for internet search queries. You can use the steps above to set up a SRU federated repository.