Administrators can set two factor authentication permissions at the org level for any role. They can also authorize and disable two factor authentication for specific users.
Authorize or disable specific users for two factor authentication
- In the Admin Tools menu, select Users.
- In the Users tab, enter a user's name in the Search For... field. Then click the Search icon.
- Click the name of the user you want to edit.
- In the User Info tab, scroll to the Local Authentication section and select the Override default role settings for this user check box.
- For Local Brightspace Login Availability, select the Available check box.
- For Two Factor Authentication Availability, select either Not Available or Optional.
- Click Save.
Set up local two factor authentication
- From the Admin Tools menu, select Roles and Permissions.
- Select the role you want to configure two factor authentication security permissions for.
- In the Filter by Tool drop-down menu, select Local Authentication Security and click Apply Filter.
- From the configuration variables list, select one or more of the following options:
- Can Override Users Local Authentication Security Setting
- Disable Allowing Local Login
- Make Two Factor Authentication Available
- Click Save and Close.
Set up two factor authentication
If your account has been authorized, you can optionally add or disable two factor authentication to your local account.
- Click your username and select Account Settings.
- Under General Settings, click Enable Two Factor Authentication.
- Following the instructions on the Enable Two Factor Authentication pop-up window, install an authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Add a new profile to your chosen authenticator by scanning the QR code on the Enable Two Factor Authentication pop-up window or by entering your personal code.
- Follow the instructions in your authenticator app to save your Brightspace code for future reference.
- When you have completed the setup process, log out of Brightspace and attempt to log back in. A prompt appears for your code.
- Enter your code and click Submit.
You are logged into Brightspace.
Video: Configure Local Two Factor Authentication