You can choose from four options that restrict the courses available to managers when assigning courses to learners. Managers with restricted course assignment options can only select from designated courses in the org unit type when assigning courses. Other courses that are available in the organization are unavailable to the manager within the Assign Courses workflow.
The options are controlled by the configuration variable: d2l.Tools.ManagerRole.CoursesAvailableToAssign.
The following course assignment settings are available:
- All Courses (default)
- Self-Enrollment Courses only
- Only Courses Determined by Attributes
- Self-Enrollment courses and courses determined by Attributes
To determine courses available to managers using Attributes, a reserved attribute type is available in the CSV template provided by D2L called Affiliated Org Units. Entering org unit codes (such as a Department org unit code) as attribute values for each user with the Manager role now makes only those courses affiliated with the org unit code available for assignment by managers. To provide multiple org units with affiliated courses (like Departments), you can enter multiple attribute values as an array (using the standard set by the D2L Standard CSV).
- The new attribute type is a reserved attribute type that cannot be used to create or alter learning groups. Org unit codes are not available within the Rules Builder of Learning Groups. However, the org unit codes are visible to administrators on the User Attributes page.
- When providing attribute values for Affiliated Org Units, you can provide up to 10 values per user .
- Org unit codes must be unique to ensure they map to the corresponding org unit ID.
Attributes must maintain the same org unit code. The system will not update the previous org unit code if you change an org unit code that has previously been used as an Affiliated Org Unit attribute.