When performing org unit and instance purges, the following data is purged from Brightspace ePortfolio:
- Comments, assessments, subscriptions, and tags attached to deleted objects
- Orphaned presentation themes and presentation references to inactive objects
- Inactive collection associations
- Orphaned forms and form fields
- Metadata associated with reflections created from course content
- Orphaned sharing groups
- Unreferenced thumbnails
- Inactive import/export jobs and job logs
- All data on the ignored users table
No archiving is performed for D2L ePortfolio data in an Org Unit or Instance purge.
When performing user purges, the following actions are taken:
- All data related to the user across all orgs that the user is enrolled in are purged
- Any comments or activities the user contributed to others' items change to "Anonymous user"
- Any comments or activities associated with the user's items are removed
No user data is archived by Data Purge. To archive user data, use the Export function in D2L ePortfolio.