Brightspace Virtual Assistant appears on the login page for your organization, but you must log in to Brightspace before you can access its full functionality. It is recommended to display contact information for available support resources if users experience Brightspace authentication issues.
Note: For organizations where users access the LMS through another SSO system, pre-login information is still recommended in case a user lands on the Brightspace authentication page.
- Open Brightspace Virtual Assistant by clicking the speech bubble button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
Figure: Click the Brightspace Virtual Assistant icon to ask a question.
- Type a Brightspace-related question into the text box and click Send.
- Read the articles suggested based on the question asked; you can toggle between the two to preview what information is included in each.
- Click Read Article to read the resource(s) in full screen within the widget.
- Click the ← arrow button to return to the search results
- Click the Open in new tab button to view the resource in Community.
Figure: Brightspace Virtual Assistant window appears on an organization homepage displaying an article and additional help options
- Do one of the following:
- Select Yes, I have another question to ask another question and receive additional help articles.
- Select Ask the Community to be directed to Brightspace Community to post your question in a discussion forum and receive answers from other Community members.
- Select Contact Support for further assistance. The following options appear:
- Call us: users will be given the correct phone number for their organization. Note: This option may not be available for your organization.
- Email us: a case will be created from the tool and will be sent to the D2L end user support team.
- Chat with us: users can chat with a live D2L support agent while navigating through different areas of Brightspace.
Figure: The Call us, Email us, and Chat with us buttons appear at the bottom of the Virtual Assistant window