Brightspace Virtual Assistant is available to all organizations that have subscribed to D2L's End User Support (EUS) package. Contact your D2L Account Team for more information on the EUS packages.
Figure: Click the Brightspace Virtual Assistant icon to ask a question.
Brightspace Virtual Assistant was built to provide users with the best support experience when using Brightspace. With the addition of the AI tool in the LMS:
- Users have direct access to help articles from Brightspace Community without having to leave Brightspace.
- Administrators can find relevant resources to complete org setup and complete tasks with how-to instructions available directly in the right-hand corner of Brightspace.
- Instructors can find step-by-step guides and video tutorials on how to set up their course and its respective activities directly within the product rather than in a new browser tab or window.
- Students can find help documentation related to their course issues without having to leave the space where the problem exists, resulting in an overall increase in Brightspace adoption.
If users still need more assistance, they can contact a live support agent directly from Brightspace without seeking D2L End User Support contact information elsewhere.
Language Support in Brightspace Virtual Assistant
Brightspace Virtual Assistant is available in the following four EUS-supported languages:
- French (CA)
- Spanish (LATAM)
- Portuguese (BR)
The Language and Locale setting in a user's profile determines the language of the Brightspace Virtual Assistant’s output messages, the language of the surfaced support articles, and the language of the support received for any chosen channel (phone, email, chat).
Note: If a user’s chosen Language and Locale is not one of the four languages available in End User Support, the default language offered in Brightspace Virtual Assistant is English.
Visibility of the Brightspace Virtual Assistant
The Brightspace Virtual Assistant is available throughout the LMS except for the following pages:
- LTI/ Third Party Tool Integrations
- Assignments: Evaluate Assignments
- Discussions: Evaluate Topic
- Discussions: Evaluate Learner
- Full Screen Pages in Content and Media Player
It is also possible to hide Brightspace Virtual Assistant during live quiz attempts. However, it may be beneficial in some cases if a learner experiences a glitch and cannot proceed with their activity. There is no internet search available in Virtual Assistant to provide answers to any question beyond tasks in Brightspace.
Note: The decision to hide Brightspace Virtual Assistant during quiz attempts must be made during the deployment process.