D2L has designed a template package that course instructors can use to create accessible, HTML content files. The templates use cascading style sheets (CSS) to format the content in the HTML files.
To the extent possible under law, D2L has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to the available accessibility templates. You can use these files in a single course, or for the whole organization through Shared Files, depending on your permissions.
If you upload the template package and unzip it within Brightspace platform, it is structured properly and the sample files correctly reference the CSS file. If you choose only some of the available templates within the package to upload, you might need to recreate the folder structure for the files to correctly reference the CSS file.
All the template packages use the same folder structure and name, which makes it easy to swap out your CSS file for different CSS files if you want to change the appearance of your course content.
Download the template package from the Brightspace Community.
Add a template to your files
- Save the template package to your PC.
- Do one of the following:
- To share the templates across the organization, navigate to Shared Files.
- To use the templates in a specific course, navigate to Manage Files.
- At the root level of the file tree, select Upload.
- Select the template package zip file and click Upload.
- Unzip the file.