Instructors can control the ability for learners to comment on Activity Feed posts. Commenting can be enabled or disabled for the entire feed or for individual posts.
Comment on Activity Feed posts
Comment on Activity Feed posts to answer questions and clarify information for learners.
To comment on Activity Feed posts
- Navigate to a course homepage with Activity Feed available.
- Below the post you are responding to, click anywhere in the Write a comment text box.
Figure: The Write a comment textbox in Activity Feed.
- Enter a message and click Post.
- In the Activity Feed widget, in the comment you want to delete, click Options > Delete Comment.
Figure: The Options menu for an assignment post showing the Delete Comment option.
Disable commenting for the entire Activity Feed
- On your course homepage, open the Activity Feed Actions menu.
- Select Manage commenting and posting.
Figure: The Activity Feed Actions menu showing the Manage commenting and posting option.
- In the Commenting section, select the Enable comments on posts checkbox to disable commenting if the box is already checkmarked.
- Click Save.
Figure: The Manage This Widget dialog showing the Enable comments on post checkbox.
Disable commenting on a new post
- On your course homepage, in the Activity Feed widget, click Create a post.
- Select Message or Assignment to determine the type of post.
- Uncheck the Allow Comments check box.
Figure: The Allow Comments checkbox in the Activity Feed widget.
- Complete your post, and click Save.
Toggle commenting on an existing post
- Click Options (...) from the post you want to toggle commenting for.
- Click Edit Assignment or Edit Message, depending on the type of post.
Figure: The Options menu showing the Edit Assignment option for an assignment post.
- Check or uncheck the Allow Comments checkbox.
Figure: The Allow Comments checkbox.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: If commenting is disabled for your course, you cannot enable commenting for an individual post. If commenting is disabled for the course or an individual post, any previously-created comments are saved. If commenting is re-enabled, the previously-created comments are displayed. This allows an instructor to temporarily disable commenting without losing previously-posted comments.