You can automatically transfer the overall score of a numeric rubric to a learner's grade. A score transfers automatically only when the rubric has an overall score.
Numeric rubrics include the following types:
- Point analytic
- Custom point analytic
- Percentage holistic
When multiple rubrics are present in the rubric pop-up window, it is the overall score of the first numeric rubric that Brightspace transfers. If you want to transfer the score of a different rubric or scores from multiple rubrics, you must handle these situations separately.
Brightspace handles different types of grade items during the transfer as follows:
- Numeric: The overall score of the rubric is expressed as a percentage and applied to the grade item to ensure correct translation between different out of values. For example, if the grade item is out of 6 and the rubric is out of 10; when you assess the rubric and the learner achieves 8/10, the learner's grade will be 4.8 upon transfer.
- Select box: Brightspace finds the range in the select box values that has the translated rubric score and the learner is given the Assigned Value % corresponding to the range.
- Pass/Fail: If you assess the rubric to a score of 0, upon transfer, the grade item will be set to Fail; otherwise, the learner is given a Pass.
Automatically transfer overall score to learner's grade
- Navigate to Grades.
- On the Manage Grades tab, from the Actions drop-down menu of the grade item you want to assess, click Enter Grades.
Figure: The Actions drop-down menu for a grade item showing the Enter Grades option.
- On the selected Grade Item page, click Assessment for the learner you want to evaluate.
- On the rubric pop-up window, evaluate the learner and click Save and Record. If you click Save, the overall score does not transfer to the learner's grade.