The Class Progress tool includes a Standards tab. This tab displays a history of the learner's submissions and assessments against all standards aligned to activities in the course.
Important: The language term used to describe Standards depends on the value set for the d2l.Languages.Terminology.LearningOutcomes configuration variable. For example, the term Standards can be changed Competencies, Expectations, Objectives, or Learning Outcomes.
This enables you to:
- View all the standards that are aligned to assessment activities in the course, so that they can understand the learning outcomes that their learners are expected to demonstrate.
- View each students' current assessment against each learning outcome, so that they can alter or individualize instruction, based on thestudent's performance.
- View a list of all the evidence that has been assessed for a specific learning outcome, so that they can quickly familiarize themselves with feedback they provided for assessments.
This enables students to:
- View all the standards that are aligned to activities in the course, so that they can understand all the standards they are expected to demonstrate in the course.
- View their current assessment against each outcome, so that they can understand their progress against each standard.
- View a list of all the feedback you have provided for a specific standard so that they can understand where they might need to make more effort. If you have offered feedback for a hidden rubric, that feedback appears in the Overall Feedback section in the Grades or Assignments tool. The rubric criterion title and description appear above each feedback item.
Note: Feedback copied from hidden rubrics only displays for students ;
- If the organization has provided the ability for students to view outcomes aligned with quizzes, students can see if more than one attempt was made, and the results for each attempt.
Important: The following processes and images display the language term Learning Outcomes instead of Standards.
To view progress against learning outcomes
- Navigate to Class Progress and select astudent to view.
- Click Learning Outcomes. The overview for the course lists all the learning outcomes (standards) that are aligned to activities in the course, with a mini-visualization of the last few assessments made for the student against each learning outcome.
Figure: The Learning Outcomes tab in the Class Progress tool.
- Click a learning outcome to display the Learning Outcomes Progress page, which provides a list of student -submitted evidence related to the selected learning outcome. It also displays a timeline showing the comparative evaluation levels for each evidence item and a summary of feedback given on each activity. The Trend section displays a trend visualization of assessments. The Evidence section displays a list of all the activities that have been assessed.
Figure: A detailed view of a learning outcome in the Class Progress tool.
- Click an individual assessed learning outcome to view more specific details about the assessment.
Figure: The feedback and assessment area displaying after clicking a learning outcome.
Figure: The bottom of the details page containing feedback, achievement scales, and the assignment submission.