In Brightspace, the Portfolio tool provides class settings for student avatars and evidence approval.
Figure: Click Settings in the Portfolio tool.
You can turn on a setting that displays Funster avatars instead of learner profile photos. This avatar setting only applies to the teacher view of the students in the class.
When a student visits their Brightspace Portfolio, the avatar that appears follows the following rules:
- If the student has a Brightspace avatar, use it.
- If the student does not have a Brightspace avatar, but they have been in a course that assigned them a Funster, use the Funster.
- If they student has neither a Brightspace avatar nor a Funster, use the default profile image.
If students are in a course that was configured before the January 2018 upgrade, the avatar defaults to the Funster.
You can choose the methods for adding evidence that require your approval. This ensures that evidence collected with a specified method does not appear in the student's portfolio until you approve it. These options are more suitable for young students in a K-12 learning environment. The available options include:
- The Portfolio web tool
- The Portfolio app in Class Device and Family Device modes (enabled be default)
- The Portfolio app in My Device mode
For example, if you are using a shared class device with your students, you may want to choose the The Portfolio app in 'Class Device' and 'Family Device' modes option.
Define Portfolio class settings
- Navigate to Portfolio.
- From the Portfolio page, click Settings.
- To use Funsters instead of profile photos of students, click Use friendly Funster avatars instead of profile photos.
- Under Evidence Approval, choose the methods for adding evidence that require your approval.
- Click Save.