Brightspace Parent & Guardian allows authorized parents and guardians to log in to a school's Brightspace to see what their children are working on, what’s on the schedule, and the latest news from the classroom. This helps parents and guardians engage with their young learners and maintain awareness of their upcoming work.
To use the Brightspace Parent & Guardian mobile app, parents and guardians require the following:
- The Brightspace Parent & Guardian web application must be currently enabled in your school's Brightspace.
- The URL or name of your school's or district's Brightspace.
- A Brightspace username and password provided by your school's Brightspace administrator.
- The Brightspace Parent & Guardian mobile app, downloaded from any global Google Play™ store or Apple App Store®.
- From your device, tap the Brightspace Parent & Guardian icon.
- Type the name or URL for your school's or district's Brightspace.
- Enter your Brightspace username and password.
- After you log in, tap the learner whose information you want to access.
Navigating the app
Brightspace Parent & Guardian features an intuitive interface for iOS and Android devices.
From the Home tab, a parent or guardian can view the following:
The Work to Do widget displays a summary of assigned learning activities from all courses that are overdue or have an upcoming due date or end date. Counters for each section indicate how many learning activities remain to be completed, along with information about each learning activity's name, due date, and course name.
The Recent Grades widget displays released grade items for all the courses their child is enrolled in.
The Portfolio Items widget displays the two latest shared Portfolio items belonging to their child that have been shared by the instructor. They can also view all previously shared Portfolio items from their child's portfolio.
The Latest Posts widget displays an aggregate Activity Feed from all the courses their child is enrolled in. For example, the instructor might post reminders about upcoming assignments and links to course materials.
From the Notifications tab, a parent or guardian can view notifications for upcoming assignments or quizzes for their child.