For suggested achievement levels to appear in assignments and discussions, all of the following conditions must be met:
- An instructor makes an assessment on a rubric that has outcomes aligned to criteria.
- There are mappings set up between the rubric and the assessment outcomes.
- A default achievement scale has been defined for the organization
- Suggestions are turned on using the d2l.tools.LearningOutcomes.LoaSuggestions configuration variable.
When these conditions are met, a suggested achievement level is automatically displayed based on point thresholds or scale alignment levels mapped in the rubric. The instructor can accept the suggested achievement level, or select a different level, based on a more holistic evaluation of the learner's effort.
Figure: Rubric items aligned with outcomes provide information results in suggested achievement levels, which can be adjusted by instructors.
To review rubric mapping and use suggested achievement outcomes
- Using a rubric that is mapped to assessment outcomes, grade a learner submission.
- Review the suggested achievement levels for each assessment outcome.
- If any suggestions are not accurate for the learner, click to select a different level of achievement.