Brightspace Virtual Assistant is an AI-based help tool that is integrated directly into Brightspace as a pop-up window from the speech bubble button in the bottom right corner of the screen. It provides immediate access to help documentation without needing to open another browser tab or window. After typing in a question, the tool provides the most relevant documentation available in Brightspace Community.
Get acquainted with Brightspace by accessing support documentation for all your how-to questions and connect to live agents directly in the LMS. Instructors can find step-by-step guides and video tutorials on how to set up their course and its respective activities directly within the product rather than in a new browser tab or window.
Find answers on how to complete course activities and connect with live agents without having to leave Brightspace. Students can find help documentation related to their course issues without having to leave the space where the problem exists.
If users still need more assistance, they can contact a live support agent directly from Brightspace, without seeking D2L End User Support contact information elsewhere.
Note: Brightspace Virtual Assistant is only available in organizations that have subscribed to End User Support Services. It may not be available in your organization.
The Brightspace Virtual Assistant is available in all four languages:
- French (Canadian)
- Spanish (LATAM)
- Brazilian Portuguese
A user’s chosen Language and Locale in their profile will determine the language of AI output messages, the language of the surfaced support articles, and the language of the support received for any chosen channel (phone, email, chat).
Note: If a user’s chosen Language and Locale is not one of the four languages mentioned above, the default experience will be in English.
Accessing help with Brightspace Virtual Assistant
Brightspace Virtual Assistant appears on the login page for your organization, but you must log in to Brightspace before you can access its full functionality. It is recommended to display contact information for available support resources if users experience Brightspace authentication issues.
Note: For organizations where users access the LMS through another SSO system, pre-login information is still recommended in case a user navigates to the Brightspace authentication page.
- Open Brightspace Virtual Assistant by clicking the speech bubble button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Type a Brightspace-related question into the text box and click Send.
- Read the articles suggested based on the question asked; you can toggle between the two to preview what information is included in each.
Figure: Click the Brightspace Virtual Assistant icon to ask a question.
- Click Read Article to read the resource(s) in full screen within the widget.
- Click the ← arrow button to return to the search results
- Click Open in new tab to view the resource in Community.
Figure: Type your Brightspace-related query into the textbox or access the resource recommended in the chat.
- Do one of the following:
- Select Ask the Community to be directed to Brightspace Community to post your question in a discussion forum and receive answers from other Community members.
- Select Contact Support for further assistance. The following options appear:
- Call us: users will be given the correct phone number for their organization. Note: This option may not be available for your organization.
- Email us: a case will be created from the tool and will be sent to the D2L end user support team.
- Chat with us: users can chat with a live D2L support agent while navigating through different areas of Brightspace.
Figure: Click Call us, Email us, or Chat with us to access additional help.