In order to make rubrics more accessible without navigating directly to Rubrics, instructors can access Rubrics through the Quicklinks menu.
Manage rubrics through quicklinks
- Navigate to anywhere you can use Brightspace Editor. For example, you can view the Editor when creating a new topic in Content.
- In Brightspace Editor, click Insert Quicklink.
Figure: The Insert Quicklink icon.
- In the Insert Quicklink dialog, click Rubrics.
Figure: The Insert Quicklink dialog showing the Rubrics option.
- Click Manage Rubrics.
Figure: The Manage Rubrics option in the Insert Quicklink dialog.
Create a quicklink to a rubric in Content
Instructors with the See Rubrics permission enabled can create quicklinks directly to rubrics with the Rubric is visible to Students setting enabled. In addition, users with the Manage Rubrics permission enabled can also access Manage Rubrics at the bottom of the Quicklinks menu. The See Rubrics permission is not required for learners to access quicklinked rubrics that are visible to learners, however the rubric must be associated to a tool for evaluation in order for a learner to see it.
Create a quicklink to a rubric in the New Content Experience
- Navigate to Content.
- Click Create New > New Lesson.
Figure: The New Lesson option.
- Enter the details for your new topic.
- In the Description field, click the Insert Quicklink icon.
Figure: The Insert Quicklink icon in the Description field.
- In the Insert Quicklink dialog, select the content that you want to link to.
Figure: The Insert Quicklink dialog.
- Toggle the Visibility ON or OFF.
- Click Save and Close.
Figure: The Visibility toggle and Save and Close option.
Create a quicklink to a rubric in Classic Content
- In Content, create a new module.
- Click Upload/Create, and select Create a File from the drop-down menu.
- Click Insert Quicklink.
- In the Insert Quicklink menu, select Rubrics.
- In Rubrics, select the desired rubric, and click the pencil to edit the options for the rubric and choose to open in a new window. Note that Manage Rubrics is accessible in this menu.
- Click Publish.
Note: Only rubrics with Visible to all Users selected can be quicklinked.