You can use the Virtual Classrooms by Bongo integration to create a virtual classroom session or set up video meetings with learners. You can choose to save your sessions and post them within Brightspace as a resource. You can also use Video Assignments to create video assignments, allowing learners to respond to course materials, or do presentations remotely.
Depending on your organization, you might have access to Virtual Classrooms, Video Assignments, or both.
Creating a virtual classroom session
For information on creating virtual classroom sessions, refer to the Schedule a Virtual Classroom Meeting support page.
For information on creating Breakout Rooms withing virtual classroom sessions, refer to the Instructors: Breakout Rooms support page. Note that this option is available for Premium users of Virtual Classrooms by Bongo.
Create a quicklink to a virtual classroom session
- On the course home page, click Content.
- In the module or sub-module where you want to add the quicklink, from the Existing Activities button, select Virtual Classrooms.
- Select the meeting that you want to add or click Create Meeting to schedule a new session.
Editing or canceling a virtual classroom session
For information on editing or canceling virtual classroom sessions, refer to the Schedule a Virtual Classroom Meeting support page
Creating Video Assignments
The standard integration with Video Assignments enables you to create Individual Project video assignments. For information on creating Individual Project video assignments, refer to the Set Up Individual Project support page.
If your organization has opted for Video Assignments Premium version, you can also choose Individual Project, Group Project, Question & Answer, and Interactive Video assignment types.
For information on the video assignment types that may be available to you, refer to the following support pages:
- Individual Project Overview
- Question & Answer Overview
- Interactive Video Overview
- Group Project Overview
Create a quicklink to a video assignment
- On the course homepage, click Content.
- In the module or sub-module you want to add the quicklink to, from the Existing Activities button, select Video Assignments.
- Select the video assignment that you want to add.
- Click Create Link.
Editing a video assignment
For information on editing, copying, or deleting video assignments, refer to the Getting Started - Instructors support page.
Grading a video assignment
For information on grading video assignments, refer to the Grading Types support page.
Grade syncing and grading options
Grade syncing is enabled in Brightspace and your grades from Bongo are delivered to your Learning Management System (LMS) grade book.
The grading options are:
- Grade Entry - This is a percentage grade. Use a value between 1-100 when entering a grade. The value you enter represents a percentage that is used to assign points in the LMS grade book based on the maximum points entered in the LMS. For example, if a learner receives a 90% grade, then enter 90, and if a learner receives a 75% grade, then enter 75.
- Educator Ratings - This is a 5-star rating system and each star is worth 20 points. For example, if you give a learner 4 stars, then 80 points are delivered to the LMS grade book.
- Pass/Fail and Completed/Not Completed - These grading options deliver a 0 or 100 grade to the LMS grade book.
For information on grading options in Video Assignments, refer to the Grading Types support page.
Auto Analysis™ for Individual Assignments
If your organization offers the premium version of Video Assignments, you can use the Auto Analysis™ tool reports on learner submissions as part of your evaluation. For more information, refer to the Auto Analysis™ Overview support page.