My Org Units is a custom widget that allows all users to search and navigate to different types of org units they are enrolled in, such as colleges, departments, semesters, groups, sections, course offerings, and course templates. You can use the My Org Units widget to go to other org units aside from their enrolled course offerings, bypassing the need for access to the Org Unit Editor.
Add the My Org Units widget to an org unit homepage
- Navigate to the org unit you want to add a widget to.
- Click Course Admin.
- In the Site Setup section, select Homepages.
Figure: The Homepages option highlighted.
- Click the Homepage that the course homepage uses.
Figure: The selected homepage highlighted.
- In the Widgets section, click Add Widgets.
- Select the My Org Units check box.
Figure: Selecting My Org Units widget in the opened by clicking the Add Widgets button Add Widgets window.
- Click Add.
Figure: The Add button in the Add Widgets window.
- Drag and drop the widget where you want to organize the homepage.
- Click Save and Close.
Figure: The Save and Close button.
Customize My Org Units widget settings
- From an organization homepage or an org unit homepage navigate to My Org Units widget.
- From the My Org Units widget action menu, click Customize this widget.
Figure: The Customize this widget option highlighted.
- Select the check box beside the org unit type you want to display in the widget.
- To display the org unit type name in the widget, toggle the switch to On.
- Enter a number for the Minimum enrollments required for display field.
- From the Page Size drop-down list, select the number of org units to display per page within the widget.
- Click Save.
Figure: Adding custom parameters for the My Org Units widget.