About content in the Brightspace LeaP wizard
Brightspace LeaP automatically aligns content to learning objectives. You can specify the sources that Brightspace LeaP draws the content from in the wizard. These sources can be:
- This Course: Brightspace LeaP takes content pages, files, external links, and discussion posts made available to learners from content modules regardless of release conditions or their published state.
- Proprietary: Brightspace LeaP administrators can create protected repositories of content and make them available only to specific clients based on the LTI consumer key.
- Learning Objects Repository (Brightspace 10.2 or higher): All repositories that you have permissions for appear in this list, and you can include them in the learning path. Content is added from the Learning Objects Repository as a locked link to the most recent version of the content. Ensure you do not include any repositories that learners do not have permissions for; if you do, learners will encounter permissions errors.
- Open Educational Repositories (OERs): Brightspace LeaP has an array of OERs available to select content from.
About questions in the Brightspace LeaP wizard using Brightspace 10.4 or higher
Brightspace 10.4 or higher imports questions to a learning path directly from the course's question library. Therefore, you should manage questions for the learning path from the course before you launch the wizard.
Import learning objectives to the Brightspace LeaP wizard
Learning outcomes can come from different sources, such as: learning objectives pre-defined by Brightspace LeaP administrators; learning objectives uploaded to Brightspace LeaP via a CSV file; and, in Brightspace 10.3 Service Pack 7+, learning objectives retrieved from your course's Competencies tool.
To import learning objectives to the Brightspace LeaP wizard
- On the Select Learning Objectives screen, click the Imported folder.
- Click Upload New learning objective.
- To select a CSV file, click Choose File.
- Click Upload learning objectives.
Specify how Brightspace LeaP recommends content to learners
You can select certain criteria to exclude when Brightspace LeaP considers which content to recommend to learners.
- In the Brightspace LeaP wizard, or on the Edit Learning Path tab, click the Settings sub-tab.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Select any of the following:
- Exclude content text and use only learning objective text when choosing practice questions and remediation materials: Brightspace LeaP only considers the question and remedial materials relevance to the learning objective, and not the learner's current question or page, when making recommendations based on relevance.
- Exclude content text and use only learning objective text when choosing recommended reading: Brightspace LeaP only considers the recommended reading relevance to the learning objective, and not the learner's current page, when making recommendations based on relevance.
- Disable use of subjective likes, machine-learning exploratory algorithms, and order randomization for recommended reading: Brightspace LeaP only considers the recommended reading relevance to the learning objective, and not subjective likes or machine-learning algorithms, when making recommendations based on relevance. The three content item choices display in descending order of relevance.
- Click Submit.
Note: The alignment of questions and content to learning objectives can be viewed and adjusted on the Content Alignments tab when editing a learning path.