Evidence from inactive courses is automatically archived to streamline the appearance of a learner's Brightspace Portfolio. When a course disappears from the learner's list of active courses, the course folder and evidence captured within those courses are automatically moved into the archived year. Scenarios for when a course folder might be archived, include:
- the course is made inactive
- the course end date is reached
- the learner has unenrolled from the course
- the course is deleted from the Brightspace
A learner's archived evidence can be viewed by those who have access to a learner's portfolio. Instructors can leverage this functionality to review a learner's past evidence of learning and personalize how or what they teach. Instructors can see a learner's evidence for courses for which they are currently the instructor, as well as all archived evidence, regardless of whether they were the instructor of the course that produced the evidence. Instructors remain unable to see evidence for a learner's current courses for which they are not the instructor.
When course evidence is archived, it appears in a folder containing all evidence archived in that calendar year.
View evidence in archived portfolios
In the Portfolio tool, you can view evidence in archived portfolios, which are automatically removed from course portfolios and archived when the related courses become inactive. You can use a learner's archived portfolios to demonstrate growth, reflect on past learning, and showcase their best work.
Note the following:
- To view a learner's archived portfolios, the learner must be in the class list for an active course where you are the instructor. You cannot view evidence in active courses if you are not the instructor.
- When viewing an archived portfolio, breadcrumb links display at the top of the page, allowing you to navigate back to previous pages.
- When viewing archived portfolios by years or courses, filtering is disabled.
- Using the Previous and Next arrow buttons in an archived portfolio navigate to active evidence.
To view evidence in archived portfolios
- Navigate to Portfolio.
- Click View By: Students.
- Click a learner.
From the learner's portfolio, click the portfolio selector, and then select Archived Portfolios.
From the archived portfolio page, select a year, and then an archived course. Evidence for the archived course displays.