You can notify learners when updating or changing an HTML topic in Content. They receive an Update alert notification in their minibar; clicking the alert brings them to the updated topic.
Notify learners of changed content in the New Content Experience
- Navigate to Content.
- Click on the module that contains the topic you want to edit.
- Click the Options (...) menu and select Edit.
Figure: The Options (...) menu showing the Edit option.
- In the Edit Topic page, make your changes to your topic.
- Click Save and Close.
- In the changed topic, click the Options (...) menu and select Post to Course Homepage.
Figure: The Options (...) menu showing the Post to Course Homepage option.
- In the Create a post dialog, enter a message that notifies learners of the changed content.
- Click Post.
Figure: The Create a post dialog.
You have notified learners of your changed content topic.
Notify learners of changed content in Classic Content
- On the navbar, click Content.
- In the Table of Contents pane, click on the module that contains the HTML topic you want to update, then click on the topic.
- Do one of the following:
- To edit the contents of the topic, from the context menu of the topic, click Edit HTML. Make your changes.
- To replace the topic, from the context menu of the topic, click Change File. To upload a new file, click Upload. Follow the prompts to add your new file.
- Select the Notify students that the content has changed check box.
- If you want to describe your update changes, enter a description in the Add a summary of the changes field.
- If you want learners to revisit the topic to complete the activity, select the Reset completion tracking check box.
- Click Update.