Brightspace Creator+ subscribers can create a presentation by launching the Capture App from the Media Library tool. In Media Library, you can edit and add the presentations into any Brightspace course - no external tools needed.
Note: Media Library is available to all Brightspace Core users; however only Creator+ subscribers see the Create Presentation option as an option under Add in their Media Library. For more information about Media Library, refer to About Media Library.
Legacy Capture clients cannot have both Capture App (v10) and Legacy Capture (version 9.x) running at the same time in their Production environments. If you are a Creator+ subscriber, and do not see Capture App permissions or options in Media Library, your site may be configured for Legacy capture. Please contact D2L Support if you are ready to migrate.
Recommendations and prerequisites
Before you start a recording:
- Select your preferred hardware setup. In the Media Library, click Options (...) to select your preference for HD or SD recording (to a maximum of 720p) .If you are a Mac user, ensure that you have set your Security and Privacy settings to allow the Capture App to access your camera, microphone, and screen recording.
- Do not use the Capture App with additional webcam or screen recording applications are open or concurrently running.
- Legacy Capture clients cannot have both Capture 10 and Legacy Capture (version 9.x) running at the same time in their production environments.
Note: For hardware issues, contact your organization's IT team for assistance. D2L support is not able to assist with hardware compatibility issues.
Create a presentation with Capture App
Create Presentation provides a simple way to capture your screen and webcam for quick demonstrations and presentations and then add them to Media Library.
To create a presentation
- From your organizational homepage navbar, click Media Library.
- Click Add and select Create Presentation.
- Click Launch.
- Click Record.
Figure: Launch the Capture Encoder dialog and click Record.
- Add a title and description for your recording.
- To choose a layout, do one of the following:
- Select Camera and Screen to create a video using the combination of webcam and desktop feed. This option enables you to switch the view between both feeds. In this layout, the recording captures the feed where your mouse is focused.
- Select Camera to create a video using the feed from your webcam.
- Select Screen to create a video using the feed from your desktop. In this layout, click outside the Capture App to minimize it and perform your screen recording. If you have more than one screen display, you are prompted to select the screen you want to use.
- Click Continue.
- Click Start. The Capture App minimizes to your computer tool bar and starts recording.
- When you are finished, maximize the Capture App and click Stop.
Note: You can edit capture video timelines in Media Library to add polish and improve flow.
- Do one of the following (optional):
- Click Restart to delete the previously-recorded content and start again.
- Click Choose Display to select a different display option.
- Click Watch to preview your presentation.
- When you are satisfied with your recording, click Finish.
- Click Publish. A pop-up appears to display uploading progress. When the upload is complete, your video is processed by D2L's servers and then appears in your Media Library.
- Select Keep video on this device if you want to keep the video on your computer, or else it is deleted.
- Click OK.
- When the upload to the Media Library is complete, click Keep video on this device, if appropriate.
- Click OK.
The new presentation video appears at the top of your Media Library content list.