Brightspace Portfolio is a tool that empowers learners of all ages to independently capture evidence of learning. Learners can maintain their digital portfolio year after year, as they progress through their learning journey.
With Brightspace Portfolio, you can:
- Create learner-centered digital portfolios
- Use age-appropriate modes of the mobile app to collect evidence of learning
- Document process and growth
- Provide formative assessments and real-time feedback
- Record audio and video reflections about a learner's work
- Use Brightspace Portfolio year-over-year to reflect a learner's growth and showcase their work
- Ensure learner data is secure and private
- Share evidence of learning with parents and guardians b y using Brightspace Parent & Guardian
Note: D2L recommends that you do not use Brightspace Portfolio and Brightspace ePortfolio in the same Course Offering concurrently.
Supported evidence types in Brightspace Portfolio
You can upload or view any evidence that is a PDF or can be converted to a PDF in the Brightspace Portfolio web application. The supported file types include:
- Video: SWF, MPG, MPEG, RM, MP3, MP4, M4V, M4A, AVI, WAV, RAM, ASF, MOV, RA
Note: There is no limit to the size of videos; however, they are naturally limited by the device's capacity and bandwidth.
- Images: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TIFF
- Text documents: RTF, PPT, PPS, PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPTX, XML, XLS, TXT, WPD, XLSX, XLS
Web documents: HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML
- External links to Google Drive
- External links to Office 365
When downloading image evidence for viewing, the evidence is downloaded in the original file type and resolution. For example, if a learner uploads a full resolution JPEG file, the image size and resolution may adjust in the Portfolio viewer; however, an instructor downloading the image downloads a full resolution JPEG file.