Resources within the Community
Getting Started K12
We’ve been making some BIG changes to support you! You can now access our K12 Landing Page through the Brightspace Community homepage navbar. Accessing all your favorite resources for each step of your Brightspace journey has never been easier. We've prioritized some of the most effective tasks for K-12 educators and divided them up to provide you with a chronological checklist that you can simply follow step-by-step to get your school year started.
The ALL NEW Accessibility Gateway serves as a single point of access for all the help you need in integrating accessibility best practices into teaching and learning. This space leads you to avenues in Brightspace Community with resources to enhance accessibility knowledge and with a group of accessibility enthusiasts to stay connected with.
Access Video Transcript
Learning Center Courses
New Courses inside the Learning Center for K12, Higher ED and Corporate
The Instructional Design Best Practices Group’s Escape Room For Gamified Learning
Instructional Design Best Practices Group’s Escape Room For Gamified Learning is the very first Brightspace hosted online escape room. Are you interested to gamify the learning experience and deliver your course with the twist of adventure? Get inspired with our Instructional Designers through the Escape Room hosted in the Brightspace Learning Center. Hurry up and start your adventure, before the 30th of September, 2022. Completion of the escape room will earn you a freemium webinar hosted by our very own Instructional Designer who will teach you tips and tricks to gamify the learning experience in your own Brightspace Course.
Supporting Screen Reader Users
your learners have equal access to your content is important right? Sometimes just knowing where to start is half the battle. Check out our NEW Supporting Screen Reader Users course within the Brightspace Learning Center for a quick overview of how you can support students who use accessible tech.
Metacognitive Teaching and Learning Strategies
We are really excited about this one! Within Metacognitive Teaching and Learning Strategies course you will have the opportunity to create your own Learning Sequence Design through a series of discussion activities as well as connect with champions from University College Dublin. Additionally, learn how important metacognition is for effective learning and how to best support the development of skills for your learners so they can maximize their academic potential.
Recently we launched our Accessibility Academy within the Brightspace Learning Center. A designated space for Accessibility resources and currently housing 5 FREE courses and growing! A few of the courses you will find there are Supporting Students with Low Vision, 3 Keys to More Accessible Written Communication, Supporting Screen Reader Users. Stay tuned for a course that’s currently in the works, Accessible Presentations. Follow our Learning Center article to stay updated on new course offerings and resources.
*Learning Center Access is provided to Instructors and Administrators who are currently using Brightspace. You must be signed into the Community with your School or Organization's email address to verify your access to freemium and premium Learning Center content.
In May, we were privileged to team up with the Accessibility Team to host an online webinar to celebrate the 11th Global Accessibility Awareness Day.
- How we're learning from our Accessibility Interest Group to improve our Accessibility Resources
- The steps we've taken since our last AIG Poll which include; A full content refresh of Accessibility articles in the Brightspace Community, the creation of a brand-new Accessibility Gateway to connect you with a Library of Accessibility Resources
- The unveiling of a brand-new Accessibility Academy- a hub of Accessibility Courses and Tools you can access for free and contribute to!
- Our plans to keep learning and improving with your help and the help of our Accessibility Interest Group
If you are an Accessibility Enthusiast, check out our Accessibility Interest Group!
ID Escape Room Webinars
While the escape room is designed to be completed asynchronously, there were two live sessions available where you could complete the escape room over Zoom with an instructional designer from D2L. One of the benefits of participating in the live sessions was that the facilitator could monitor your progress and provide help if you get stuck.
Check out the Instructional Design Escape Room Webinar On Demand recording.
If you missed our earlier sessions, don't worry! We've got you covered. Register below to join us for our last session.
In May, D2L launched Brightspace Creator+ to enhance learning experiences by assisting course creators to turn their expertise and knowledge base into dynamic, engaging experiences for their learners.
Here’s what we love most about it:
- Seamless Integration- Create and publish right from your Brightspace course
- Simple and Easy- Create a high-quality experience with familiar workflows. No coding required!
- Learn While You Build- All templates and tools include educational tips for most effective use
- Customizable Themes and Templates- Stay aligned with your brand and save time using the already made templates
- Built-In Training- Your organization is provided with instructional design best practices and use cases to ensure creators are informed and inspired