What are Private Messages?
This feature gives users an opportunity to:
· Continue conversations outside of the discussions area
· Interact with Administrators
· Share private or confidential information with each other that no one else can view
How Can I Send a Private Message?
There are 2 ways you can send a private message to someone.
Option 1: If you are unsure how to find the person in the community
1. Select the Messages icon in the top navbar beside your profile.
2. Select the New Message icon.
3. Type the Recipient(s) you wish to private message.
📝Note: Predictive text will pop up to assist you to locate the person you want to private message.
4. Once you have selected recipient(s), type into the body of the message
5. Select Post Message.
Option 2: If you can locate a user’s profile within the community
1. Select the person’s profile.
2. Select Message.
3. The person’s username will be populated in the Recipients box. Type your message in the message box.
4. Select Post Message.
Where Can I View My Private Messages?
1. From the top navbar, select the Messages icon.
2. Select All Messages to see all the private messages you have sent or that you have received.
📝Note: When there is an unread message in your inbox, there will be a notification within the Messages icon in your top navbar.
📝Note: An unread message will have the Unread notification attached.