We’ve got some exciting news to share with our Brightspace Community members! We’ve just launched our new Brightspace Virtual Assistant (BVA) tool in the Learning Center 🚌
What Is BVA
The Learning Center BVA can help you to:
- Filter through our Learning Center courses to find what you're looking for without searching manually.
- Find relevant Learning Center and Community resources when you have a question.
- Quickly narrow-down your search for Learning Center content that's specific to your need.
Why You’ll Love It
This new search tool connects you directly with the content topic in the Brightspace Learning Center that teaches you how to do something new with Brightspace. Our BVA is designed to save you time on your search and make your learning experience a breeze!
How It Works
Using our BVA tool is quick and easy. You’ll find your virtual assistant located on all pages within the Learning Center.
- Click on the virtual assistant chat button.
- Type your question in the text field, or select Start.
Note: Selecting Start will bring up our welcome message, along with a quick-select menu. You can also type your question in the text field at this stage.
3. Once you've typed in your question, you can send it by pressing the Enter button on your keyboard, or selecting the Send button next to the text field.
Tip: Our BVA does not operate on keyword search! Be sure to use natural language and give context to your query.
Tip: if you would like to refresh the tool at any time, select the Restart Widget button to start a new chat.
Try It Out
Ready to meet our new online friend? Test it out in the Learning Center today!
Don’t be shy – ask away! 💬
*Learning Center Access is provided to Instructors and Administrators who are currently using Brightspace. You must be signed into the Community through our SSO process to verify your access to freemium and premium Learning Center content.
Curious To Learn More About BVA?
You'll find information on how BVA works, and how your organization can subscribe to this service for your own Brightspace instance, in our resource for Administrators - About Brightspace Virtual Assistant.