The Full Launch of the New Brightspace Community as arrived with the adoption of Single Sign On to extended Community Integrations as of May 2023.
Thank you for engaging with us and providing us your feedback and time to help us reach this great milestone!
We hope you’ve had a chance to visit this new site and are getting used to the great new features and wonderful improvements we’ve made.
What's in this new Community?
- Updated Documentation for each role and segment we serve
- Quick Links to Learning Center
- Quick Links to Product Idea Exchange (PIE)
- Quick Links to Approved Support Contact (ASC) Homepage
- Known and Fixed Issues
- As of September 1, 2023, we will continue decommissioning legacy Community. Please be advised that we will be archiving old and outdated content and frequently accessed Legacy Community resources as they are now available here, in the new Community.
Note the following dates:
- Starting December 12, 2022: With the exception of Known Issues and Fixed Notifications, D2L will no longer publish or update articles in the Legacy Brightspace Community. You can still view existing articles, but we encourage you to start updating links in your own resources to the New Brightspace Community to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.
- December 15, 2022: Starting with the Preview Release Notes for January 2023/20.23.1, Release Notes will only be published in English in the New Brightspace Community. You can presently view the Brightspace Platform December 2022/20.22.12 final release notes in both the Legacy Brightspace Community and the New Brightspace Community. This will be the final Release Note we publish into the Legacy Community.
The New Community Release Notes knowledge base provides a table of contents that includes all release notes from 2021 and 2022, effectively replacing the cumulative document.
Figure: Cumulative release notes listed in the left navigation pane of the Release Notes knowledge base.
- January 5, 2023: Final release notes will be available on the New Brightspace Community in all supported languages: English (en-US), French (fr-CA), Spanish (es_MX), Portuguese (pt_BR), Dutch (nl-NL), and Arabic (ar-SA).
- January 27, 2023:
- "Ask a Question" button in Legacy Community will redirect you to post in the New Community.
- ASC requirement to search Legacy Community prior to creating a case is removed. ASC Cases can be made directly from the ASC Homepage.
- February 2, 2023: Legacy Brightspace Help will continue to be updated until the February 2023/20.23.2 release. You can continue to view the Legacy Brightspace Help, but we encourage you to update your links and bookmarks to the New Brightspace Community to ensure you have the most current and complete documentation suite.
- February 13, 2023:
- Comments on articles in Legacy Community will be removed.
- Members will not be able to post additional comments in Legacy Community
- Comments can't be added in Legacy Community Groups. All Active Legacy Groups contain a pinned post linking users to their active group in New Community. Comments can be posted to the group in the New Community.
- Please continue to add comments in New Community
- March 1, 2023:
- Direct Messages can no longer be sent in Legacy Community. Note: Direct Messaging is available in New Community
- Until early 2023: Known Issues and Fix Notifications continue to be available in Legacy Community. For more information, refer to the Community Features Roadmap section on the New & Upcoming in the Community article.
- May 31, 2023: Single Sign On to: Brightspace Learning Center, Product Idea Exchange, Approved Support Contact Homepage released.
- June 1, 2023: Any links within the Brightspace Learning Environment to the legacy Brightspace Help and legacy Brightspace Community will link to the Brightspace Community landing page.
- June 19, 2023: Legacy Brightspace Help site will be decommissioned. All links, references, and bookmarks must be updated by this date.
- August 21, 2023: Legacy Community article search is removed to prevent access to old/out of date content as the deprecation of content continues. Search new Community to access the latest documentation
Other Important information: You can now access the High Impact Changes Timeline, End of Life Process at D2L, About the D2L Status page, and the Wave schedule from the Release Notes knowledge base.
Figure: The left pane of the Release Notes knowledge base contains links to the High Impact Changes Timeline, End of Life Process at D2L, About the D2L Status page, and Wave Schedule.
Known and Fixed Issue Updates
Connect with the Known and Fixed Issue Updates article for comprehensive and up-to-date information.