Browse our current listing of Brightspace Learning Center Courses. Get the full story on each offering by selecting any of the following Resource Links.
Description: Learn how to connect your place of learning to the Brightspace Community, and how to access some of it's most valuable resources! Complete the first module to unlock an award that can be shared with your professional network!
- A Community Adoption Email Template
- You'll Love: The award you can earn and share with your Professional Network through LinkedIn
📝Note: The content within this Learning Center resource is specific for users who are in the Approved Support Contact (ASC) role. The information here does not apply to those who hold alternate roles.
Within this resource you will find the following topics and free printable job aids to help support you in the ASC role.
- How to contact support (with How to Contact Support printable)
- Identifying priority levels (with Urgency/Impact Scale printable)
- You'll Love: Our Basic Support Package video summary
Description: D2L's Guided Training Program includes access to self-guided content and opportunities to attend instructor-guided training webinars. This program is recommended for anyone designing, building, teaching, or facilitating courses within the Brightspace platform (and for those who support them).
- You'll Love: The activities that help you test out how to do something in Brightspace, before you start to implement changes in your own Brightspace Learning Environment.
Description: This short course is designed for new Brightspace Instructors and Administrators. Learn how you can take your first steps with Brightspace.
- You'll Love: The free downloads (Select the Resource Link to access)
The quick and easy lessons to learn how to:
- Navigate Brightspace
- Create your first Activity Feed Post and
- Add your fist pieces of learning material!
Description: This is an in-depth course that provides detailed information about how to plan for your success with Brightspace including the teams you can connect with for help, how to use different Brightspace tools, and client case studies too!
- You'll Love: The client case studies that show how other places of learning are using Brightspace in their educational programming
- The overviews of Brightspace Tools that help you pick and choose the ones that are right for your teaching and learning goals
- The change management strategy document that help you plan for success
Description: This short course is intended for the Brightspace Developer who is looking for more information on how to connect with Brightspace APIs.
- You'll Love: Finding a course designed for beginners that walks through the steps to get started with the Brightspace API
- Video tutorials that allow you to walk through the steps with a guide.
Description: These 3 short lessons (each no longer than 3.5 minutes) is designed to show you a quick and easy way to improve the accessibility of your written communications in and outside of Brightspace! This course includes audio and examples of what a screen reader says when encountering dos and don'ts of written communication.
- You'll Love: The 3 practical steps you can take immediately that require no special technology and can be used everywhere
- Learning what a screen reader says
Description: Access 3 quick tutorials demonstrating the use of Video Note for both Instructors and Learners at New York University with Instructional Technologist and Adjunct Faculty Clea Mahoney.
- You'll Love: Learning how another School is using Video Note with Faculty and Students
- Quick and easy video tutorials to show you how you can use this tool too!
Description: This short course is intended to assist instructors in supporting students with low vision but can be used by anyone interested in understanding what low vision is and how assistive tools help those with low vision see better. It introduces Brightspace features and other design tips that help create course content accessible to low-vision students.
- You'll Love: Learning about free or low-cost tools that can be customized to support the unique needs of different Learners with low vision
- Finding out more about how Brightspace works with other assistive tools and technologies
- Unlocking a course award, you can share with your professional network
How Do I Access These Courses?
📝 All Brightspace Community Members are able to access these resources when logged into the Brightspace Community!
*Learning Center Access is provided to Instructors and Administrators who are currently using Brightspace. You must be signed into the Community with your School or Organization's email address to verify your access to freemium and premium Learning Center content