What is a Customer Spotlight?
A Customer Spotlight is a resource created by a D2L client and shared within the Brightspace Learning Center. Customer Spotlights are a collaborative outreach between Brightspace and one of our clients, to create a resource that will better help our community. Spotlights serve to demonstrate the capabilities of our partners within the Brightspace Learning environment and highlight their achievements for others to learn from.
We'd love to hear from you, if you'd like to Share a Resource with the Brightspace Learning Center
Description: This resource was designed and developed with Joe Sisco, Sessional Instructor from the University of Windsor. In this short resource, you will learn how you can use Video Notes in your Brightspace learning environments to provide assignment instructions and feedback.
- You'll Love: Learning from a fellow instructor through video notes!
Description: Metacognition is our own thinking about our thinking. In this course you'll get to create a Learning Design Sequence for a subject area that integrates metacognitive teaching and learning strategies PLUS connect with strategy champions from UCD in each scaffolded task via Discussion
- You'll Love: Connecting with strategy champions from UCD!
- Creating your own Learning Design Sequence for your subject area.
Description: Free HTML Templates contributed by Brightspace Superhero John Bayerl, Director of Teaching Excellence at Minnesota State College Southeast.
- You'll Love: Creating custom pages!
- Having the freedom to add style and direction to your own content!
Description: Create interactive, custom widgets for your Brightspace Classroom Homepages using either branded or free HTML Templates. Follow along with Olly Fayers, Senior Learning Designer, at the University of Suffolk to learn how!
- You'll Love: Learn how to bring customized widgets to your Brightspace Classrooms!
- HTML templates to better help you in designing your homepages.
Description: Recorded demonstrations of the Video Note tool in action! Clea Mahoney, Instructional Technologist and Adjunct Faculty at New York University, walks you through the process of using the Video Note tool in Announcements, Discussions, and Assignments within Brightspace.
- You'll Love: Learn how to use Video Note for your Brightspace classroom!
- Learn how to incorporate video content for engaging learners in multiple ways!
How Do I Access These Courses?
📝 All Brightspace Community Members are able to access these resources when logged into the Brightspace Community!
*Learning Center Access is provided to Instructors and Administrators who are currently using Brightspace. You must be signed into the Community with your School or Organization's email address to verify your access to freemium and premium Learning Center content.