Written by: Monica Gaertner, Product Manager
I have heard from some clients that keeping on top of Brightspace Data Set (BDS) updates can be challenging. You need to go through both the Release Notes and the Product and Services Preview to find the updates specific to Data Hub. Additionally, sometimes the people who are most interested in the BDS updates aren’t the same people who review the documentation.
So I thought I would try using this blog post to surface the upcoming changes to Brightspace Data Sets and update it on a regular basis – so you could just keep coming back to a single location to get all the updates.
I hope you find it helpful.
Please note: these updates are subject to change until the date of release
- Survey Question Answer Options - removed BDS
- LTI Links Shared - removed BDS
- Chat Objects and Chat Session Log - removed BDS
- Course Awards - new columns: LastModified, Credits, IsAssociated, and Version
- LTI Links - new columns: LastModifiedBy and IsDeleted
- LTI Links - change Url column size from 1000 to 2000
- Outcomes Assessed Checkpoints - new column: HasMetAchievementThreshold
- BDS major version 9 released
- Changes that are only in BDS v9.0:
- Awards Issued - new columns: RevokedDate, RevokedReason, RevokedBy, LastModifiedBy, LastModifiedDate, and Version
- Awards Issued - remove columns: Type, IsRevoked, and Credits
- Awards Issued - change columns Criteria and Evidence from nullable to non-nullable
- Enrollments and Withdrawals - remove column: EnrollmentType
- Grade Schemes - remove columns: GradeSchemeRangeId and IsDeleted
- Quiz Attempts - new columns: IsSynchronous and DeductionPercentage
- Quiz Attempts - remove columns: GracePeriod and ExtendedDeadline
- Quiz Attempts - rename column: GradePeriodExceeded Behaviour to TimeLimitExceededBehaviour
- Quiz Objects - new columns: IsSynchronous and DeductionPercentage
- Quiz Objects - remove columns: TimeLimitGracePeriod, ShowClock, and TimeLimitExceededBehavior
- Role Details - new columns: LastModifiedDate and DeletedBy
- Role Details - remove columns: OrgId, ClassListDisplayRoleCategory, ClassListRoleCategory, ClassListRoleCategoryOrder, and Version
- Role Details - change size of columns: RoleName, Description, ClassListRoleName, RoleAlias, and RoleCode
- User Logins - new column: LoginSource
- User Logins - remove columns: TimeOff and OrgId
- User Logins - change column UserId from nullable to non-nullable
- User Logins - change column StatusType from varchar to nvarchar
- User Logins - change column LoginAttemptId from type bigint and size 8 to type nvarchar and size 36
- Changes that are in both BDS v8.11 and v9.0:
- Discussion Posts - new column: Version
- PreRequisite Conditions Met - new columns: Action and LastModified
- Notice that LTI Links Shared will be removed in January 2024/20.24.1.
- Notice that Chat Objects and Chat Session Log will be removed in January 2024/20.24.1.
- End of the adoption period for BDS Major Version 8. All clients who have not yet moved to BDS v8 are automatically moved with this release.
- SIS Course Merge Log - new BDS
- Organizational Unit Parents - new column: DateDeleted
- Session History - existing SessionId column changes type from Int to BigInt
Subscribe for Notifications
Every month, shortly after new Brightspace Data Sets updates are announced in the Product and Services Preview, the Brightspace Data Sets Updates discussion thread will be updated. Click the Ribbon icon to subscribe to this discussion thread, get alerts for each new post, and stay in the loop!