Welcome to the ASC Resource Page!
We know that as an Approved Support Contact (ASCs) for your organization, you juggle many responsibilities. We put together this article to collect relevant how-to information for ASCs all in one place, for easy access.
All About ASCs
What is an ASC?
An ASC is an acronym for Approved Support Contact.
What does it mean to be an ASC?
An ASC is an individual who is authorized to access the D2L Admin Support team and has special access to an ASC Page where they can create and manage cases for their organization.
How to login to the Approved Support Contact (ASC) Homepage
Once you have registered for a Single Sign on Account for the Community, log in and then access the ASC Homepage from the new Community by following these steps:
1. Log in to the Community.
2. Select the ASC Homepage button from the Community homepage to connect to the ASC Homepage.
Figure: Click the ASC Homepage button on the Community homepage.
You will know that you are logged in as an ASC if your homepage looks like this:
Figure: The Welcome ASC page.
How do I navigate the ASC homepage in the Brightspace Community?
Review the ASC Homepage Update Video.
How many ASCs can my organization have?
The number of ASCs that your organization is entitled to is defined by the support package in your contract. Please contact your D2L Account team to make inquiries about the details of your contract.
How can I make changes to the ASCs for my organization?
If you need to add or remove any of the ASCs that are associated with your organization, you can do so by choosing the Submit a request option from the ASC homepage.
Creating and Managing Cases
Understanding the Lingo
- Continuous Delivery - Refers to the regular (monthly) cycle of product updates to Brightspace. You can find relevant info regarding our Continuous Delivery methodology and schedule by accessing the link above.
Keeping Up To Date With Brightspace Products and Features
🔔 When you Bookmark Discussions in Community, you can get automated notifications of updates.
🔖 We recommend ASCs bookmark the following Community Discussions
Release Note Updates
Known Issues List Updates
Fixed Issues List Updates
Product and Services Preview Updates
Community Articles on Updates and Planned Changes
- Continuous Delivery Notifications - Learn more about the Continuous Delivery (CD) Notifications you receive and how they're about to get better in this article.
- Wave Schedule - With our continuous delivery model, we update Brightspace for our customers every month on a predefined wave schedule.
- How To Find My Wave - The above schedule is organized into groups called waves. This article will help you understand which wave applies to you.
- All Release Notes - Reference this article to keep up-to-date with current release information (including known and fixed issues), preview upcoming functionality, or review previously-released features. These monthly articles are organized by product and tool, include links to popular content such as platform requirements, and begin with a video summary of the release highlights.
- Fix Notifications - Displays up-to-date fixes that take place between releases.
- Product and Services Preview - This article is published on a monthly basis and will give you a long-term view of the Brightspace product direction.
- Brightspace Guided Training (FREE) - D2L's Guided Training Program includes access to self-guided content and opportunities to attend instructor-guided training webinars. This program is recommended for anyone designing, building, teaching, or facilitating courses within the Brightspace platform (and for those who support them).
- Brightspace Learning Center - Connect with Free Courses and Teaching Tools. Remember to log in to Community for access.