I can't access the old Community's answers any more

Options

I signed up for early access to the new community and now I cannot access any of the valuable information on the old community. Also when I search the new community it does not yeild any of the information the old community has! This is impacting my abilty to get the answers I need to work in Brightspace!😡

Answers

• nichole.g.355
    nichole.g.355 Posts: 18 🌱
    Options

I search for my answers and when an answer in the old community appears I can't login to see the answer. I think this is because I am an early adopter of the new community. This is affecting my productivity. What do I need to do to see the answers??

• Sam.B.358
    Sam.B.358 Posts: 11
    Options

That's so weird, I googled it, clicked on it and it prompted me for a login. I logged in and was able to see the answers to that particular question.

While it doesn't solves the issue, I snipped a PDF just so you could see the conversation for that particular article. Figured that might help in the meantime!

• nichole.g.355
    Options

This is very kind of you. thankyou!

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 291 admin
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @nichole.gladky3425

Thanks for reaching out to the Brightspace Community.

In order to ensure that clients are being connected with the most current and updated documentation and information, we have migrated questions into the new space that have received a ‘best answer’.

The question you are referring to for how to edit a question in the question library can be found here.

For more information regarding Legacy Community questions and recommendations, please check out our Community FAQ’s.

• Julie.L.787
    Options

Hi @nichole.gladky3425

Thanks for reaching out to the Brightspace Community.

In order to ensure that clients are being connected with the most current and updated documentation and information, we have migrated questions into the new space that have received a ‘best answer’.

The question you are referring to for how to edit a question in the question library can be found here.

For more information regarding Legacy Community questions and recommendations, please check out our Community FAQ’s.

• nichole.g.355
    Options

the search on the new discussions page is not as good as doing a mere google search. Please allow us to see the articles in the old discussion pages when we google them.

• Julie.L.787
    Options

Hi @nichole.gladky3425 ,

It’s a great point about making it easier for you to find questions and answers through a Google search in the new Community. We are working on that! Thank you for connecting with us.

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 242 🌟
    Options

I'm having the same problem as Nichole. If I click a link in Google search results that leads to the legacy site, it logs me in AND tells me I need to log in to see the member only content, so I cannot see the answer. It's very frustrating!

• nichole.g.355
    edited March 2023
    Options

Why was Sam able to access the legacy article and put it in a PDF for me and I am not? This is very frustrating.

• Julie.L.787
    Options

Hi @Jennifer.Wagner3830 @nichole.gladky3425 ,

We are looking at this with IT and understand some users of Legacy Community are not able to access Questions there. It is not a planned part of the transition from Legacy to New Community that only some users can access Legacy Questions. Stay tuned for an update!

• nichole.g.355
    Options

Resolved. Someone fixed something and now I can see all the legacy articles that I want. I am also able to sign into both the legacy and the new communities. Thank you for a speedy resolution!🥂