If you edit a question in the question library, should it automatically update wherever it's used?
One of our product names was recently updated. The product name exists in an in-use exam. A Course Designer edited a Question Library question to reflect the new name, but the question in use in the exam did not reflect the new change. In fact, the Course Designer had to manually delete the old version of the question, then re-add the new version from the Question Library. Is this expected behaviour?
Here's a timeline:
- Course Designer (CD) creates course and exam using old product name.
- Users enroll in course and submit exams.
- Product name is changed.
- CD edits question containing product name in the Question Library.
- CD observes that exam still has incorrect product name
- CD manually removes the old version of the question from the exam
- CD adds updated version of the question to the exam
- CD fixes the associated Learning Objective so it's associated with the new version of the question (otherwise it had 0 associations).