Notification settings for faculty

Options

It seems to me that the list of notifications that are available for users in Brightspace are all student-applicable (such as when grades are released, etc.), but not instructor-applicable (such as when a student submits an assignment, etc.)

Is there a way to enable instructor-applicable notifications?

Thanks!

Answers

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 280 admin
    Options

Hi @Caroline.Silver1518,

Thanks for reaching out to the Brightspace Community with your question!

If your institution's administration has enabled notifications for instructors:

Select your Profile> Notifications> select Contact Methods> Select Summary of Activity> Select Instant Notifications> Customize Notifications> Save.

You may also want to reference our documentaion for Setting your Notification Preferences.

Note: If you do not have the ‘Notifications’ option within your profile, we recommend reaching out to your institution's administration to explore having them enable notifications.

• Caroline.S.720
    Caroline.S.720 Posts: 17 🌱
    Options

Thanks Julie.

We DO have the option to choose which notifications we want. The trouble is that the choice of possible notifications is student-focused, not faculty-focused. Faculty would like to choose to to be notified when a student submits an assignment or when a student has completed a quiz, etc. Those are not options. The options are ones that students would be interested in. Is there any way to change the list of possible notifications?

• Diana.T.256
    Diana.T.256 Posts: 1 🌱
    Options

Looking for help with the same issue! @Julie.L.787 any updates?

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 280 admin
    edited February 2
    Options

Hi @Diana.T.256 @Caroline.S.720,

Apologies for the delayed response. I'm connecting you with documentation outlining all of the things that the Notifications tool can send updates for. If you are not seeing these options, I recommend connecting with your school's administrator or IT help desk, as it's possible that they need to configure part of the tool from their end to allow you to see all options.

Best😀