Downloading marked rubrics and inline comments + marking PowerPoint presentations

I have a few questions with this query.

1. I have an academic who didn't know about setting up groups for group assignments. So only one student in a group is submitting. This means the other students in the group will not see any feedback or the marked rubric. We do have a solution but to make it less cumbersome, I told her I would ask some questions: (a) Can you download a marked document with [sticky note] comments (not text tool) and then save in order to email feedback to other group members? I know marks will need to be manually entered. (b) Can you download a marked rubric? (c) Can you upload the marked rubric and comments to students in group who did not submit (I am sure this answer is no, but thought I'd ask anyway).
  2. This assessment is a PowerPoint document with notes - the notes are the transcript of what students said. In Brightspace she can only see the slides - not the presenter notes. She must download the file and open using PowerPoint to see the notes. Is there a way of seeing presenter notes by looking at a different view in Brightspace? Is this problem a result of the files being uploaded as pptx - which is typically a presentation??

Thank you once again. SueS

Answers

• Chris.S.534
    Chris.S.534 Posts: 375
    edited October 18

Hi Sue.S,

1a. Yes, you can annotate the submission with the tools available. Thereafter you have 2 options: Download Original or Download Annotations. If you Download Original - you are downloading the original .pptx file submission without annotations. If you Download Annotations - you are downloading a .pdf version of the submission with annotations intact. You can then email the .pdf file to group members.

1b. Learners can access the rubric when viewing their assessment feedback. For those learners who cannot view the rubric evaluation you can navigate to the submission evaluation, and select the 'expand/pop-out' icon as circled in red. You can then print the rubric evaluation and send onto other group members.

2. Unfortunately, the only way to see the slide notes is to download the original presentation and review. Alternatively, have students make a submission using the Notes Pages Print Layout in PowerPoint. This second file submission could be a .pdf document.

The idea to see the slide notes in the evaluation view is a good one, please consider making a submission into the Product Idea Exchange for review and consideration.

Hope that helps!