Discussion Board Due Dates

Hello Everyone,

For the new content experience, has anyone seen the availability to add due dates to Discussion Board topics? I know in the previous instance, the option was available but not the new experience. Does anyone know how add that feature or know if the option is on the road map? Some faculty at our institution are fans of that feature. Thanks!

-Mark
Tagged:

Answers

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 323 ⏸️ Inactive

Hi @Mark.L.939 ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Brightspace Community. You can set due dates on Discussions in the new content experience. Please take a peek at our documentation for managing discussion forums and topics. I hope this was helpful🤗

• Mark.L.939
    Mark.L.939 Posts: 3 🔍

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the helpful link to the article! I read it through and I noticed there is an option to set availability dates, but not specifically a due date. I could be missing the due date function, but I am not seeing that specific section on my end. I know there are some instructors that like to have discussion boards available through the semester but have a specific due date for postings so they can know if there are students that submitted their posts late. Thank you for the article reference though! The features referenced in the article are fantastic.

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆

@Mark.L.939 I believe you can still only add due dates for discussions when you add the topic to classic content. So technically the due date is on a content item rather than the actual discussion topic. If you're using New Content Experience, you'll have to temporarily turn it off to add the due date in classic content.