Checklists

Jody.K.1869
Jody.K.1869 Posts: 4 🌱
I would like the ability to move items from one checklist to another. I frequently make weekly checklists for my students and sometimes we get behind and it would be easier to move items around rather than delete and recreate.
Tagged:

Answers

• Lynda.W.602
    Lynda.W.602 Posts: 9 🌱

I don't have an answer, but another question. I looked, briefly, at checklists but they didn't seem to connect with anything else. Student had to simply check them off manually. Is that the case? Do your students like them?

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 323 ⏸️ Inactive

Hi @Jody.K.1869 ,

Thanks for connecting with the Brightspace Community. I'm sharing some documentation for creating and copying checklists.

@Lynda.W.602 , thanks for your question also! You can set release conditions on checklist items. Please take a peek at the documentation for a step by step workflow.

• Jody.K.1869

@Lynda.W.602, my students love Checklists! It's one list where they know exactly what they need to do and when it's due. They can manually check it off when they've finished the item, making it a sort of individual planner.

• Jody.K.1869

Hi @Julie.L.787. Thanks for the info. I don't want to copy a whole checklist, I want to move an individual item from week to week.

• Lynda.W.602
    Lynda.W.602 Posts: 9 🌱

Hey @Julie.L.787 thanks for the link to just the right page of online manual. Much appreciated. I reviewed it and watched a few videos. I see one can set release criteria for a checklist item and one can link, in the description for the checklist item, to the specific thing one needs to do (e.g. take a quiz). But I believe I am correct that it isn't possible to have the checklist item automatically check itself off if student does said quiz, or submits an assignment, etc.

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 323 ⏸️ Inactive

Hi @Jody.K.1869 and @Lynda.W.602 ,

Thank you for your comments. You are helping me to learn more about Checklist functionality also🤗

Both of your suggestions would be great PIE items and I encourage you to submit your use case to our Product Idea Exchange. It's where our Product teams will see your feedback and use it to make road mapping decisions for Brightspace product and tool improvements.