Code question type

Hi.
We're an academy in (ao) computer science where we educate our students in designing and creating software (programming). What we really miss in the quiz-feature is the question type for code questions.
There is a text editor for code available when creating the question (not all question types, but it is there) but there is no explicit question type available for creating a question that asks the student to type some code in a pre-defined language.
We really would like to have this feature get in the product! How can this be achieved?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Mark.A.2638
    Mark.A.2638 Posts: 6 🔍

Thanks Jeffrey! That site requires a login and I have not option to register. Logging in with my d2l credentials fail and resetting my password gives an "error sending mail". Where can I register?

• Jeffrey.M.844
    Jeffrey.M.844 Posts: 67

Hi @Mark.A.2638,

Product Ideas Exchange (PIE) uses your Brightspace Community credentials (the site we're current communicating in). Brightspace Community allows you to browse without login, but there are certain areas and features that you can only reach/use with membership (free).

Here are instructions on How to Register for the Brightspace Community. If you are already a community member and are being prompted for login to the PIE, you may need to Register for Community Single Sign On. Once you are logged in to Brightspace Community with your SSO account, you should see a link on the homepage to the Product Ideas Exchange (3rd Party Tool) that should SSO you into the PIE.

If you are still having issues accessing the PIE after following the above, let me know and I will get you connected to a community manager to assist in troubleshooting your access to PIE.

Jeffrey

Learning Administration Manager

• Mark.A.2638

Hi Jeffrey. Sorry for the late response but I'm still not able to access that PIE site. I think I'm already a community member as my username is according to the given format (mark.A.2638). And signing up again with the same e-mail doesn't work. Any ideas?

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆

@Mark.A.2638 Try clicking the link to the Product Idea Exchange from the Quick Links sidebar menu on the right. That should log you in automatically.

• Mark.A.2638

Hi Jennifer.

Unfortunately, it brings me to page that says: Unavailable Quicklink… (The External Learning Tool is not available.).