How do I add an External Learning Tool to a class

How do I add an External Learning Tool to a class
Tagged:

Answers

• Johnny.B.962
    Johnny.B.962 Posts: 81

@Andy.D.1090,

Adding an External Learning Tool to a course can vary depending on the tool and how it is configured within your Brightspace site. First, the tool needs to be setup by someone with admin access to your site. Once it is configured, most External Learning Tools can be connected to your course via the Content tool (try searching the web for the specific tool you are trying to use like "ToolName D2L Brightspace Integration" and you will likely find specific instructions related to the tool you are trying to use).

If the tool you are trying to use is linked via Content, navigate to a module and select the Existing Activities or Add Existing button (depending on which Content experience you are using). Using either, you will either see the tool's name you are trying to connect into your course, select it and it will be added as a link in that module. If you don't see the link right away after selecting the Existing Activities or Add Existing button, you will see an option for External Learning Tools or External Tool Activity, select that option, and you will be presented with a list of available External Learning Tools to connect into your course. Either way, depending on the tool, additional setup may be required following you adding the link to the course.

I hope that helps!

-Johnny
    D2L LAM