Microsoft OneDrive

Options
Rica.B.774
Rica.B.774 Posts: 3 🌱

Hello. I worked with my IT department to get the Microsoft OneDrive LTI app set up in D2L. I then followed instructions from Microsoft on creating the deep linking quicklinks and insert stuff. Logged in as an instructor, I can see and use both features. As a student, I get a message that "This feature is not supported for students". I looked at the integration setup and it is selected to allow Microsoft account access for instructors and learners. So what is causing this?

I also want to set OneDrive up so that students can submit assignments by adding a file from OneDrive. As you can see in the image below, this option does not show up on the Add a file window. Can someone give me ideas on what I may have missed? Where are the options of items for that menu located? Is it a config variable?

Rica

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 126 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Rica, you took a great first step in reaching out to your IT Help Desk to configure those Microsoft OneDrive permissions in the first place! It's likely that your organization might need some help from your Microsoft support contact directly. It would be best to connect back with your school's IT team to have them reach out to their Microsoft support contact to troubleshoot.

Answers

• Rica.B.774
    Rica.B.774 Posts: 3 🌱
    Options

I was able to get this resolved. We followed the integration steps outlined by Microsoft. We also went through the steps to set up the connection that would be needed to use the Office 365 widget. Somewhere in that process enabled the ability to upload documents from OneDrive (for students).

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 126 admin
    Options

That's great! Thanks for confirming 😊 I'm glad you were able to get that sorted.