Will D2L be reconsidering how students can upload images?

Options
Mike.B.559
Mike.B.559 Posts: 113
edited January 30 in Social Groups

In my mind, there are chronic limitations when it comes to uploading students' uploading images to both WR question types (in quizzes) and "Text submission" assignments. One, the process differs significantly between the two, and two, there does not seem to be any streamlined workflow for a student to add an image contextually to their written responses. A solution to this issue has been marked as "Released" in PIE item D3639 but in my opinion serious inconsistencies persist. I posted several videos to this item highlighted my concerns.

(just added links to videos)

https://mediaspace.carleton.ca/media/1_3yq7ike7 https://mediaspace.carleton.ca/media/1_kah8cu7p

Tagged:

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 457 admin
    Options

Hi @Mike.B.559
    I've shared this feedback with our Quiz and Assignment Teams here at D2L.

Our 90 day preview has been updated as of the 12th but I don't see planned releases that touch on this- so certainly an important piece of feedback to have connected with them.

• Jackie.G.212
    Options

Hey Mike,

I'm Jackie, the product manager for Assignments. Thanks for taking the time to make the videos and to provide this feedback. From the Assignments perspective, we are not planning on updating the text assignment submissions in the next 18 months so unfortunately, I don't think we will be tackling this in the near future. However, I will try to make a note of this feedback and reach out with questions, if we have planned future work in this area.

Jackie

• Monica.G.541
    Options

Hi Mike - my name is Monica and I am the Product Manager for Quizzing. Thank you so much for spending the time to put together the video! I am going to have my team take a look and see why Learners don't seem to have the "My Computer" option to add images and let you know what they find.
    We do have some other work planned for the WR question type this year and will keep your feedback about inconsistencies in mind. Thanks again.
    Monica

• Mike.B.559
    Mike.B.559 Posts: 113
    edited February 10
    Options

Thanks for looking into this @Monica.G.541 . Please let us know what you and your team members uncover.

Also, speaking of Quizzes, if you have a moment I would greatly appreciate it if you could take the time to read the following two PIE posts (and the many accompanying comments). The former is written by me and the latter by @Joseph.Verble2213. These posts call for significant improvements to quiz question types/workflows.

BrightSpace quizzes in need of critical updates (D9656)  - 227 votes

Create New Generation NCLEX Question types for Quizzes (D6377) - 286 votes

Joseph's focus is the NCLEX, a high-stakes nursing licensure exam. My focus is language teaching and learning. Having said that, we have support from MANY other instructors from a wide variety of other disciplines.