Why is award not showing?

Options
Debbie.T.406
Debbie.T.406 Posts: 21 🌱
edited November 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary

Hello. I've set up a course with an award and simple requirements (view all contents and complete a survey and quiz). However when I log into a test learner account who has completed all requirements, the award is not showing. Does anyone know why that might be?

Tagged:

Answers

• Ajith.J.824
    Options

Hi @Debbie.T.406,

Thank you for the question. I would double-check if the requirements are actually met by looking in the Class Progress tool. If they are, I can think of two possibilities-
    1. The award is delayed due to some system factors. Please check again after some time.
    2. The user already received the award once and was expired/revoked. Please note that currently awards can not be reissued.
    I hope that helps!

• Iwona.S.533
    Options

Hi @Debbie.T.406

I have a question about how you tested the awards functionality. Did you use the test user's credentials to log in or did you impersonate them?

Please note that while impersonating and visiting content, the content will not have the completion mark. As @Ajith.J.824 I would review the user's progress to confirm that all conditions were met by the test user.

Thank you, Iwona

• Debbie.T.406
    Debbie.T.406 Posts: 21 🌱
    Options

Hello

I've checked the class progress and there are 3 who have completed 100% of the content but none are being awarded the certificate. Also I've logged in as a test user, completed all activities (as recorded in the class progress log) and again am not receiving an award.

I've let it 3-4 hours but the award is not updating.

None of the learners, including the test user have received the award one. Also there is no expiry date on the award.

Do you have any other ideas?

Best regards

Debbie

• Sangeetha.T.629
    Options

Hi @Debbie.T.406 ,

Thanks for the update. Based on what you’re describing currently, I think it would be a good idea to have a support agent take a closer look at things.   

Your first step is to connect with your school or organization’s Help Desk to create a support request.   

If you’re not sure how to do this, email us at questions@community.d2l.com with the name of your school or organization and we can provide the contact details.    

If you are the ASC/ Admin for your Organization, please refer to our documentation for how to log a Support case or request, and a member of our Support team will be happy to assist you. 

Thanks,

Sangeetha