Tying Awards To Rubrics

Options

I'm trying to give awards to students based on their threshold level for a specific criteria on a rubric in a course. The rubric is just one criteron row. When I create the award, I set that a student has to hit a specific threshold (i.e. Level 3) on that criteron row (not the overall rubric row). I create an award for each level (i.e. level 1, level 2, level 3) with the appropriate conditions. However, I'm finding that a student who achieves level 3 will get the awards for level 1, 2, and 3. I know that the conditions are set on thresholds so I'm assuming that might just be how the system works, but I'm curious if someone knows how to prevent the awards for the lower levels from showing up?

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris.S.534
    Options

Hi Emma,

Yes, my understanding is that achievement of level 3 implies the achievement of levels 2 & 1. Therefore the Awards are released correctly based on the release conditions set.

When creating the release condition on the Awards instead of using the condition type 'Score on associated rubric' use 'Grade value on a grade item' in doing so you'll be able to clearly define the criteria using the < > between etc. However you'll be using the overall rubric score vs. the criterion score.

Hope that helps!

• Emma.D.602
    Emma.D.602 Posts: 10 🧭
    Options

Hi Chris!

Thanks so much. That's the workaround that I had found over the weekend and shared to the instructor. Good to know I was on the right track!