Groups tool auto allocation

Options

I have setup groups of maximum X users (4) and assigned an auto enrollment after a certian date). I ended up having more students than available groups, and MyLO decided to insert more people into the groups than originially setup (i.e. 5/4 members were allocated).

I am asking this question here as a bug/feature request that MyLO, in this instance, will, in the future, add more groups to accommodate for the maximum group size allocated, and then allocate the remainder to new groups.

I also would like to know if there is a way that I can get a log of the students who were auto-enrolled, so that I am able to undo it?

Thanks in advance.

Alistair

Answers

• Sreelakshmi.N.546
    Options

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching us through community.

As per : https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/3483-create-categories-and-groups

If you select Set Self Enrollment Expiry Date, but you want all learners who do not enroll before the expiry date to be enrolled, you can select Allocate unenrolled users after Self Enrollment Expiry Date to automatically, randomly and evenly distribute them into the available groups. This option adds group members beyond the capacity of groups, if applicable. The automatic enrollment recurs at a set interval after the expiry date to ensure that all learners are assigned to a group.

To get the list of users who are auto enrolled, we recommend you to please raise a support case and we can check that for you.

Thanks

Sreelakshmi