Inserting Storyline activity with a description

Options

I am trying to insert a Storyline activity into D2L. I am able to upload the zip file as a SCORM file, but have issues with wanting to insert a description/instructions before the activity. (See below).

In the first screenshot, I have uploaded the file as SCORM but am unable to add a description above. It appears below the file, but it is not as user-friendly in that spot.

I also have tried creating an HTML file in which I have a description and want to insert the Storyline activity below but cannot figure out how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

• Aasim.Y.704
    Aasim.Y.704 Posts: 129 ⏸️ Inactive
    Options

Hey @chapm231,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the Brightspace Community.

We don't currently have a method of adding a description above the iframe that loads the SCORM player, so to have this exact functionality, this would require a feature request via Product Development Management (PDM). Please reach out to your institutions IT Help Desk to initiate this request.

Upon exploring options, currently, the only way to accomplish this is to either:
    1) Create a unit in content, add the required description to the unit, then add the SCORM topic to the Unit
    2) Create a topic with an HTML document containing the instructions for the SCORM activity and have visiting that topic as a release condition for the SCORM activity.

I hope this information helps!